Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to all who read my blog! (Ha..two or three people. Hi!)

I love the feeling of a holiday. I don't know why. Makes me all warm and tingly inside(that's what she said!) Christmas time is coming up! Meaning winter break is just around the corner. Can you tell I'm really anxious for it to come? I talk about the coming of break every blog. But this semester is HELL. gotta get out and get it done and over with already.

Yesterday I observed/helped with a vaginal delivery. YES. i was face to vagina. Ok not literally but i was RIGHT THERE. I had to help hold my patient's legs back and up to open up her pelvic cavity because her baby was pretty big. I'm sure you're thinking "wow that's fucking gross", and yeah.. i guess it kind of is. Bloody and not sexy at all but it was absolutely amazing. Really! I just couldn't believe it. Conception and the whole giving birth is truly a miracle. It's so unbelievable, right? Of course we understand exactly how it happens and the smallest details of how it all occurs. but WOW. ah. I can't even describe how it makes me feel. Oh, the wonders of life...

Ok but also. Watching how painful and excruciting it probably was made me not want to have babies anymore. At least not 8. OUCH. And i just think to myself "how the HELL is THAT going to come out of ME..my you know what". OUCH.

oh. and i also got to play with the placenta.. haha.

I watched Girl, Interrupted last night! Pretty good movie. I really enjoy movies that take place in some kind of psych institution type of setting. Can't wait to work in the psych ward next semester.

alright! poop time.

No comments: