Sunday, November 23, 2008

Less than a month away until winter break!
I just need to make it through school these last few weeks. ughhh.

So i found out that the trip to Africa that i'm dying to go to will cost.. oh.. well you know..
only 4,000 dollars! YEAH. okay. Like i can really afford that? I work once a week at basically a minimum wage job. NO WAY i can afford that. And my parents already don't support my wanting to go so they definitely won't help with the funding. SO SO SO SO sad.. i feel so heartbroken about it. It really has been a dream of mine for awhile now to go. But i shouldn't be too sad about it. I'm definitely going when i graduate. I can't wait to be a travel nurse for while!

This time next year i'll be getting ready to graduate! I'm extremely excited to be an RN. Really. This is truly what I want to do for the rest of my life.. well of course I eventually want to become a Nurse Practitioner.. but i truly LOVE what i do! I have finally started to feel a lot more comfortable and more confident in working with patients. It's such a good feeling when i'm working with patients and start to use what i've been learning in class. Before nursing classes and all, just taking the G.E's and what not it's just like ughh why am i even learning this? i'm NEVER going to use this information really. But now I always think to myself "oh wow i know exactly why this is happening.. i know this disease's causes and treatments" etc. etc. And i feel really great when I can actually teach my patients useful information. haha. i feel like a nurse! It's so much fun. And i know i constantly complain and bitch about how much studying i have to do and yada yada yada but it's really really fun too. I can't wait to be making my own $$$$$. holler!

Last week i watched House Bunny at the dollar theatre. Hilarious!
Friday i saw Twilight. It was pretty good. Definitely wasn't absolutely amazed by it or anything but it was enjoyable. Makes me want to read to book which is apparently alllll the rage right now. Oooohhh if only i had time for leisure reading. ha!
Friday i also watched the first Harry Potter movie. I've never seen it before! Everyone is so tiny! I liked it and decided to rent the second one the next day. I still have to finish it though. The trailer to The Blood Prince really got me excited so that's why i randomly decided to start watching the movies.

It's so strange that Thanksgiving is in 4 days. And before you know it, it's going to be Christmas! Life is just going by sooo quickly. I don't want to be old!

-Abbie

No comments: